Thomson Bike Tours will manage registrations for this course. Clicking on the registration button will take you to their site where you can sign up and pay for your course. Don't forget to click the CME option if you would like to attend the CME portion of the course and get your CME credits.
Trip Price -- $4995
Trip Price with Non-CME Option -- $4595
Single Supplement (subject to availabiliy) -- $900
Bike Rental -- $500
Bike Rental Insurance -- $75
Physicians and other medical professionals who engage in wilderness activities, who counsel individuals who take part in such activities, or who are likely to encounter illness or injury in remote or resource-limited settings.
NON CME OPTION
We do offer a non-CME course option which is available for non-medical participants to enjoy the trip with a medical professional registered for the course. The non-CME option does not include the Summer Wilderness Medicine training and education and is priced at $4,595 USD. Please let us know after booking if you would like the non-CME option.
The Wilderness Medical Society designates this educational activity for a maximum of 8 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Each physician should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
8 California Continuing Education credits are available for Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics.
Bicycle Tour of the Dolomites with 8 hrs of CME credits
Tahoe Wilderness Medicine and Thomson Bike Tours take you to the spectacular Dolomites region of northern Italy. Ride the mythical Sella Ronda and key climbs made famous by the Giro d’Italia.
The Dolomites are an essential pilgrimage for cyclists ever since the Giro d’Italia’s first foray here in 1937. They have graced the Giro more than 40 times and famous Italian cyclists such as Bartali, Coppi and Alfredo Binda carved out their reputations here. The elegant names of the climbs – Campolongo, Falzarego, Valparola – roll off the tongue with a gentle rhythm and cadence that evokes the long, meandering roads that cross them.
This trip takes you on an intensive week of riding through the Dolomites and includes the chance to ride the roads of the Sella Ronda, one of the most beautiful cycling loops in the world.
You will be staying in Canazei for the first part of the trip and then in Cortina d’Ampezzo. This gives you the opportunity to ride all the key climbs in the area.
- 8 hours of Category 1 CME issued by the WILDERNESS MEDICAL SOCIETY
- 7 days / 6 nights fully accompanied trip
- All accommodations
- All breakfasts
- All but 1 dinner
- Lunch on Day 1
- Pick-up at Venice Airport
- Drop-off at Venice Airport
- All ground transportation
- All luggage transfer
- Services of our expert guides
- Support vehicles
- Thomson Bike Tours gpx files for Garmin use
What's not included
- Travel and personal insurance
- Additional hotel expenses i.e. phone charges, mini-bar, gratuities
Quite simply, Thompson Bike Tours provides the best support in the industry! Your job is to ride. We’ll take care of the rest.
- Staff to client ratio of 1:4
- Superior ride experience. Multiple ride groups to enable cyclists of similar pace and abilities to ride together.
- 1 Ride Leader and 1 SAG Van per ride group
- Unrivaled route preparation: Precise cue sheets, elevation profiles, and complete route maps distributed in advance of trips.
- High-end performance Canyon rental bikes available
- See what our guests have to say about our team
Through our partnership with Canyon we can provide you with top-quality Canyon Ultimate CF SL 8.0 Di2 rental bikes.
The joy factor skyrockets when you are riding a pure racing machine like the Ultimate CF SL 8.0 Di2. Lightweight, responsive and complemented by the new Ultegra Di2 groupset, this is a bike that will keep you motivated to keep chasing your own personal bests every ride. Since all Ultimate frames come with the same Sport Pro Geometry the pro’s use, you can get your setup to be as aggressive and race-oriented as you like, but without sacrificing comfort.
This is a bike suited for blasting through some fast crit racing or pacing yourself over the course of a sportif, as well as everything in between. And if reliable, high-performance is what you are looking for, you can hardly do better than the latest Ultegra Di2 groupset with electronic shifting combined with a super sweet pair of DT Swiss PR 1600 Spline wheels. The clean, smooth shifting with reliable, responsive braking will make every ride a call to adventure since you will never need to question the dependability of your bike.
We’ve modified the 11-speed drivetrain to a compact 50-34 crank and an 11-32 cassette to help you spin up steep hills and then nail the descent on the other side. The Ultimate CF SL 8.0 Di2 is the perfect tool to accompany you on a Thomson Bike Tours trip.
Learn practical wilderness medicine skills in an outdoor environment
Through lectures, hands-on sessions, and scenarios, you will enhance your medical training and learn to apply your medical knowledge to the winter outdoor environment.
- Introduction to Wilderness Medicine
- Wilderness Patient Assessment
- Heat Related Illness
- Lightning Injuries
- Wound Management and Burns
- Drowning/Submersion/Dive Injuries
- Bites, Stings, Animal Attacks
- Cold Related Illness
- Wilderness Trauma - Case Based Workshop
After attending this conference, the participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate increased awareness of medical problems unique to the wilderness and austere environments
- Prevent, diagnose and manage illnesses or injuries in the wilderness and/or remote location
- Promote increased awareness of safety and accident prevention in wilderness surroundings
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the Wilderness Medical Society and Tahoe Wilderness Medicine, LLC. The Wilderness Medical Society is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Tahoe Wilderness Medicine, LLC reserves the right to change or substitute course faculty without advance or prior notice to participants.
All faculty reported no relevant financial relationships to disclose.