Cost and Options
Physicians and other medical professionals who seek to improve their own wellness, make sound decisions in austere environments, and counsel patients or coworkers on sustainable wellness and travel.
The Wilderness Medical Society designates this educational activity for a maximum of 8 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Each physician should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
8 California Continuing Education credits are available for Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics.
CME Snorkel Adventure In Dry Tortugas National Park
Learn practical wilderness and travel medicine skills in an outdoor environment
Through lectures, hands-on sessions, and scenarios, you will enhance your medical training and learn to apply your medical knowledge to the outdoor environment.
- Introduction to Wilderness Medicine
- Wilderness Patient Assessment
- Heat-Related Illness
- Lightning Injuries
- Wound Management and Burns
- Drowning/Submersion/Dive Injuries
- Bites, Stings, Animal Attacks
- Cold Related Illness
- Wilderness Trauma - Case Based Workshop
After attending this conference, the participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate increased awareness of barriers to wellness and health, of Stress management techniques, and care for travelers
- Prevent, diagnose and manage illnesses or injuries in austere and/or remote locations
- Promote increased awareness of wellness techniques and medical considerations in travel
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the Wilderness Medical Society and Tahoe Wilderness Medicine, LLC. The Wilderness Medical Society is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Tahoe Wilderness Medicine, LLC reserves the right to change or substitute course faculty without advance or prior notice to participants.
All faculty reported no relevant financial relationships to disclose.