Physicians and other medical professionals who engage in wilderness activities, who counsel individuals who take part in such activities, or who are likely to encounter illness or injury in remote or resource-limited settings.
We do offer a non-CME course option which is available for non-medical participants to enjoy the trip with a medical professional registered for the course. The non-CME option does not include the Summer Wilderness Medicine training and education and is priced at $4,320 USD. Please let us know after booking if you would like the non-CME option.
The Wilderness Medical Society designates this educational activity for a maximum of 13 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Each physician should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
13 California Continuing Education credits are available for Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics.
Bicycle Tour of Tuscany
Tahoe Wilderness Medicine and Thomson Bike Tours bring you Tuscany. Smooth roads, beautiful scenery, challenging climbs, and historical sites and vineyards.
Known for its landscapes, traditions, history, artistic legacy and its influence on high culture, Tuscany is also one of the most beautiful places to ride in Italy.
This trip takes you on an intensive week of riding through the Chianti region of Tuscany, including some of the famous Strade Bianche or un-paved “white” roads.
You will be staying in Radda in Chianti at a fully refurbished manor house from the 1700s, complete with heated outdoor pool, its own ancient wine cellar and restaurant with panoramic terrace. This beautiful location means you will be able to completely unwind in the evening over a glass of Italy’s finest red wine.
- 8 hours of Category 1 CME issued by the WILDERNESS MEDICAL SOCIETY
- 7 days / 6 nights fully accompanied trip
- All accommodations
- All breakfasts
- All but 1 dinner
- Lunch on Day 1
- Pick-up at Florence Airport
- Drop-off at Florence Airport
- All ground transportation
- All luggage transfer
- Services of our expert guides
- Support vehicles
- Thomson Bike Tours gpx files for Garmin use
What's not included
- Travel and personal insurance
- Additional hotel expenses i.e. phone charges, mini-bar, gratuities
Quite simply, we provide the best support in the industry! Your job is to ride. We’ll take care of the rest.
- Staff to client ratio of 1:4
- Superior ride experience. Multiple ride groups to enable cyclists of similar pace and abilities to ride together.
- 1 Ride Leader and 1 SAG Van per ride group
- Unrivaled route preparation: Precise cue sheets, elevation profiles, and complete route maps distributed in advance of trips.
- High-end performance Bianchi rental bikes available
- See what our guests have to say about our team
Through our partnership with BIANCHI we can provide you with top-quality Bianchi Infinito CV rental bikes.
We are pleased to offer the highly acclaimed Bianchi Infinito CV as our rental bike. Bianchi worked with US aerospace engineers to develop Countervail®, an innovative, patented vibration-cancelling composite. The resulting carbon frame maximizes performance without sacrificing comfort or responsiveness. Due to its unique ability to handle Spring Classic cobbles and long Grand Tour stages alike, the Infinito has earned rave reviews across the industry. We believe we have found the ideal performance bike for Thomson Bike Tours.
- Hottest Bike 2015 by Bicycling Magazine (USA)
- Bike of the year 2013/2014 by Road.cc (UK)
- Innovation Award at Expobici 2013
- Lars Boom rode his Bianchi Infinito CV to victory over the cobbles to win Stage 5 of the 2014 Tour de France
Learn practical wilderness medicine skills in an outdoor environment
Through lectures, hands-on sessions, and scenarios, you will enhance your medical training and learn to apply your medical knowledge to the winter outdoor environment.
- Introduction to Wilderness Medicine
- Wilderness Patient Assessment
- Heat Related Illness
- Lightning Injuries
- Wound Management and Burns
- Drowning/Submersion/Dive Injuries
- Bites, Stings, Animal Attacks
- Cold Related Illness
- Wilderness Trauma - Case Based Workshop
After attending this conference, the participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate increased awareness of medical problems unique to the wilderness and austere environments
- Prevent, diagnose and manage illnesses or injuries in the wilderness and/or remote location
- Promote increased awareness of safety and accident prevention in wilderness surroundings
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the Wilderness Medical Society and Tahoe Wilderness Medicine, LLC. The Wilderness Medical Society is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Tahoe Wilderness Medicine, LLC reserves the right to change or substitute course faculty without advance or prior notice to participants.
It is the policy of Tahoe Wilderness Medicine, LLC to disclose real or apparent conflicts of interest of faculty members related to the content of their presentation to participants to help the participants form their own judgment about the presentation.